Land Grant Heirs Official Rules
Atrisco Heritage Foundation Scholarship Program
We proudly present through collaboration with Richard Garcia, heir to Atrisco Land Grant and the Atrisco Heritage Foundation an exciting scholarship opportunity for both in-state and out of state Atrisco Land Grant Heir students. Working in partnership, the Garcia Family Charitable Foundation, and the Atrisco Heritage Foundation (jointly referred to herein as the “Atrisco Heritage Foundation Scholarship Program” or “AHFSP”) will strive to increase opportunities for students to attain higher levels of education by way of offering financial aid and support. We offer monies to help pay for tuition, fees, books, and other educational related costs. Our intention is to reach undergraduate level students seeking financial support. We have made significant efforts to keep the application process straightforward and easy. Below you will find a variety of important rules and information about how to apply:
- HOW TO APPLY:
- Application Form
- Picture of Applicant
- Proof of heirship in the Atrisco Land Grant (Genealogical link to heirship will be determined by Atrisco Heritage Foundation during Application Process).
- Submit a typed essay (1,000 words or less) that answers all the following question:
- What social issue(s) most affect you and if you could, how would you combat this issue?
- One (1) Letter of Recommendation
- Official High School Transcripts (GPA 2.5 or higher)
- APPLICATION PERIOD. Applications and all required documents must be submitted between March 15th and April 30th. Application form and all required documents must be received by 11:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) on April 30th. Applications can be mailed to; ATTN: Amanda Sanchez 6260 Riverside Plaza Ln Ste A, Albuquerque, NM 87120 or emailed to email@example.com. During the application period, follow the instructions on the application for submission. Once received at Sponsor’s office in Albuquerque, NM or received by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, you will receive a confirmation email stating you have been “entered.”
- ELIGIBILITY. The Atrisco Heritage Foundation Scholarship Program is open only to U.S. citizens and current residents of one of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, excluding Puerto Rico and U.S. territories and possessions, who:
- Must be Heir to Atrisco Land Grant
- Must obtain and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Must plan to enroll in a full-time (12+ credit hours) degree-seeking program at an accredited college or university.
You are ineligible to participate and win a scholarship if you are a person in any of the following categories: persons, including children and grandchildren of Atrisco Board Members and said persons, who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or selection of the winners for the AHFSP; The AHFSP is subject to all laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating, applicant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of AHFSP, which are final and binding in all respects.
- SCHOLARSHIP AWARD. Academic Scholarships: The Atrsico Heritage Foundation Scholarship Program will allot (4) scholarships for the 2023/24 school year each with a value of $5,000.00. Amounts will be disbursed in $2,500.00 increments, issued at the completion of each semester.
- DETERMINING AWARDS. Potential scholarship recipients will be determined via a committee of individuals that will be responsible for reviewing all applications and selecting the recipients. Management of the Atrisco Heritage Foundation will randomly appoint the selection committee. Determination of award for the Atrisco Heritage Foundation Scholarship will not be solely based on merit or need. To provide equity in support of all academic levels of students, this is a segmented scholarship with three categories of GPA levels considered. Determination of award will fall in one of the two following GPA categories: 2.5 to 3.29 and 3.30 to 4.0+. Awards will then be reviewed and released based on the category the recipient is in. The applicant names and personal information will remain confidential during the selection process. Potential winners will be notified by email. If a potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason or fails to return completed documents or other information requested within the required timeframe, it will be deemed that the potential winner has rejected the scholarship, and Sponsor will select a new potential winner by selecting another recipient from the remaining eligible entries. A potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Recipient of a scholarship is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules and providing the required documentation as specified by Sponsor. The scholarship selections and notifications will occur by June 30th each year.
- WINNERS LIST. A list of the 2023/24 winners will be available after June 30th each year, this will allow us adequate time to reach the recipients of the scholarship. For full list of winners, please visit www.atriscoheritagefoundation.org
- AWARD RECIPIENTS:
- Scholarship payments are made directly to the awardee by AHFSP.
- Scholarship award proceeds are to be used for tuition, books, fees, school supplies or other related educational expenses.
- Recipients must notify Sponsor before the beginning of the fall semester of the institution that they will attend, and the institution’s appropriate contact information.
- One (1) check per semester for the scholarship for one half the amount will be sent once verification of the recipient’s semester GPA has been submitted to the AHFSP.
- Awards are disbursed after the fall and spring semesters of the current academic year.
- All award recipients will be notified by e-mail.
- Prior to release of funds, a signed AHFSP Award Agreement, as well as any other documents deemed necessary by Sponsor must be provided to AHFSP.